Working as a 1:1 Tutor with Looked After Children (LAC) could be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced. By working one-to-one with a young person without the distractions of being in a classroom, you can develop a healthy rapport with your students and create an educational programme designed around their needs to facilitate a positive learning experience.
ABC Teachers are looking for dedicated, creative individuals who want to make a difference to young peoples’ lives and work with them solely to encourage and enhance their education.
This is a fantastic opportunity for:
• Teachers who wish to make a positive impact on Looked after Children or children with learning difficulties
• Teachers who are looking for more flexibility or additional work during or after school
• Individuals currently working part time and looking to increase earnings
About the role:
• Work with a wide-range of vulnerable children who have a diverse set of needs
• Focus on delivering skills in core subjects to bridge vast gaps in their learning and support these young people emotionally
About the successful Tutor:
• Teachers with a focus on Maths, English or Science
• Understanding vulnerable young people and those with SEND
• Someone who encourages positive behaviour strategies
Skills and Experience:
• Teachers with English, Mathematics, Science specialisation preferred
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or demonstrable previous experience
• Excellent written communication and reporting
• Excellent timekeeping and reliability
To be eligible the Tutor must:
• Have relevant working experience
• Have or be willing to complete a DBS check
• Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK
What to do next:
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please email email@example.com or contact Dean Isaac on 01543 228 029
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach and an online safeguarding training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.