Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Tutor to join our successful supply teaching team and to work at a Student Support Service in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This will be a Part-Time position starting from April 2018 until July 2018.
The desired Tutor will be teaching a variety of subjects up to GCSE Level, with a special emphasis on Maths, English and Science. You will be supported by an outstanding and dedicated management team, and be working alongside some excellent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching children and young people with behavioural difficulties and have the ability to teach stimulating lessons on a 1:1 basis with students. This role will involve a small element of planning engaging lessons for the children you’re supporting at the service.
The duration of lessons can vary depending on the students you are supporting, but are typically 2-3 hours long per day.
The Support Service has an outstanding reputation for providing excellent care and support to children, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The service values itself for forging strong relationships with the local community and parents and providing opportunities for children to develop their holistic development through play.
To be considered for the position as 1:1 Tutor you must:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), an Instructor Tutor qualification like Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or be a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA).
· Have experience teaching children and young people, including children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
· Have a passion for teaching and possess the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of childcare practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a 1:1 Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are a 1:1 Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk