JOB ADVERT – 121 Maths and English Tutor(s)
Required for September 2019
Approximately 15 hours per week – Flexible working arrangement between 11:30am and 2:30pm
Salary £25 per hour for those with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent or £15 per hour for non QTS
We would like to present you with a truly exceptional opportunity to join our highly performing English and Maths departments.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
• Motivate, challenge and inspire students within the English or Maths department to be the best that they can be;
• Be committed to raising the achievement of every student;
• Have high expectations and be committed to the academy ethos and vision;
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
We welcome applications from people who:
• Hold qualified teacher status, or are a qualified HE or FE teacher; or
• Are able to demonstrate a track record of effective teaching; or
• Have subject specific knowledge of Maths or English at key stage 4
What you can expect from us:
• Friendly and supportive colleagues who go the extra mile in a well-resourced department.
• An opportunity to work with youngsters who are keen to be the best they can be. Northern Education Trust Kirk Balk Academy offers the successful candidate a passionate commitment to professional learning that places individual development at the heart of its ethos. You will also benefit from opportunities to learn as part of a dynamic, forward-facing team with an outstanding track record in school improvement.
The Academy has the significant benefits of a new build which was officially opened in April 2011 and offers exciting and innovative opportunities to students and staff. We strongly recommend visiting our inspirational campus.
This could be your opportunity to make a significant and measurable difference in improving the educational attainment of the children and young people in this community.
Application forms and further details are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org or the website kba.northerneducationtrust.org
Completed application forms and covering letters should be sent to: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept CV’s - applicants must submit a KBA application form.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th July at 9am
Interviews are likely to take place on: Thursday 18th July
Informal visits are available. Please contact Michelle Pedler using the details above.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.