The Compton School
Summers Lane, North Finchley, London N12 0QG
2 i/c Art, London TLR 2A - Required from September 2018
Do you want to work in a school with an outstanding art department and excellent professional development opportunities?
Art is a lively and popular department at The Compton School. Students work in a purposeful and dynamic atmosphere where they are encouraged to develop highly individual and fully developed art work. Students are given the opportunity to work with a wide range of materials, in two and three dimensions and in different scales. The department offer both GCSE Art and Photography. Art results were 86% A* - C and Photography results were 88% A* - C in 2017. As a result of school expansion the department is now running A-Level Art and Design.
Why work at The Compton School?
• You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, teacher training and student outcomes
• We will provide you with exceptional training through our induction programme
• All teachers can access professional development opportunities tailored for their level of career development
• We have a fantastic building with a recently added Sixth Form Centre
• The Art department is housed in three new purpose studios rooms which include a media suite for students to use
Who are we?
We are a massively oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had three outstanding OFSTED inspections in succession. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely put the school within the top 2% of schools nationally for progress. We have recently expanded to include a new Sixth Form study base and we have been approved to open a second Compton school in 2019.
Are you the right person to join our team? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please see our website www.thecompton.org.uk or telephone 020 8368 1783 for details of the post including an application form and email this to the Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be on Monday 23rd April 2018, 9am