The Compton School
Summers Lane, North Finchley, London N12 0QG
2 i/c Drama, London TLR 2A - Required from September 2018
Do you want to work in a school with an outstanding drama department with excellent facilities? Drama is a lively and popular department at The Compton School. Teachers plan collaboratively to ensure that the curriculum is engaging and secures excellent progress and results. GCSE Drama results were 90% A* - C in 2017. Both Year 10 and 11 have very large cohorts of drama students. As a result of school expansion the department is now running A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies. The drama department run a wide range of extracurricular and enrichment opportunities, including whole school productions, theatre trips, workshops and after school clubs.
Why work at The Compton School?
• You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, teacher training and student outcomes
• We will provide you with exceptional training through our induction programme
• All teachers can access professional development opportunities tailored for their level of career development
• We have a fantastic building with a recently added Sixth Form Centre
• The Drama department is housed in three new purpose studios with lighting rigs and sound equipment.
Who are we?
We are a massively oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had three outstanding OFSTED inspections in succession. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely put the school within the top 2% of schools nationally for progress. We have recently expanded to include a new Sixth Form study base and we have been approved to open a second Compton school in 2019.
Are you the right person to join our team? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please see our website www.thecompton.org.uk or telephone 020 8368 1783 for details of the post including an application form and email this to the Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be on Monday 23rd April 2018, 9am