Colne Valley High School, Huddersfield
2nd in Department – Resistant Materials & Construction
Permanent, full time role
To start – Easter 2020
Salary – UPS/MPS
TLR 2b - £4,658
Your new school
Colne Valley High School is one of the first purpose built comprehensive schools in England; founded in 1956 and is located in the Colne Valley, an area of outstanding beauty in the east flank of the Pennine Hills in West Yorkshire. Easily accessible from Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and surrounding areas. With 1300 students from September 2019, we are a bustling school with a real community feel.
In September 2019, Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ in all four categories. This judgement reflects the significant progress and incredible journey by the school since the previous inspection in June 2017.
‘Teachers challenge pupils to increase their knowledge across a full range of subjects.’
‘Teachers have clear expectations. They are fair and consistent in dealing with pupils’ behaviour’.
‘Teachers have good subject knowledge, which they share with pupils enthusiastically.’
Your new role
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about teaching.
- Can deliver both Resistant Materials & Construction at Key Stage 4 (previous experience of teaching Construction is not necessary, but the desire to take on the subject content is essential).
- Someone who loves to inspire students.
- Excited by learning.
- Interested in developing a career within a small and supportive Multi-Academy Trust.
- Highly motivated and driven by the desire to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning.
What you’ll get in return
- A supportive school who value the work life balance of our staff.
- A close-knit & highly supportive team; who share resources and workloads to help each other create fun, dynamic and engaging lessons making it a productive and successful place to work.
- A commitment to developing reflective practitioners through our Continued Professional Development programme.
- Weekly sessions introducing different aspects of pedagogy designed to complement each stage of your teaching career.
- A fantastic Wellbeing Centre run by a trained counsellor; accessible for both staff & students providing high quality and skilled personalised support.
We are confident that new teachers joining our school will feel welcomed from the moment they start their journey with us and we absolutely encourage prospective applicants to visit school prior to applying.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their teaching career within a small but very ambitious Multi-Academy Trust.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 20th January 2020