2nd in PE Department with responsibility for leading boys PE and raising boys attainment.
Crofton Academy, Specialists in Maths and Computing, is a co-educational comprehensive day academy where the age range of the pupils is 11 to 16. Situated just outside Wakefield in the sought after village of Crofton we are popular locally and beyond our catchment area.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and motivated Second in PE Teacher on a permanent basis to be responsible for the leadership, management, development and the raising attainment levels within Boys PE.
We are looking for talented teachers to help drive our mission of ensuring that all children, regardless of their background, have access to a great education. We aim to inform and inspire, to spark curiosity, and to help our students unlock their potential and develop the tools they need to explore beyond what they consider to be possible.
The successful candidate will;
- Take responsibility for boys achievement along with curriculum development at KS3 and provide a supportive role at KS4.
- Be a proven outstanding teacher who is able to coach and mentor other staff.
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning.
- Be creative, enthusiastic and engaging and able to challenge pupils.
- Ensure that we offer and deliver extra-curricular opportunities for our pupils.
The benefits of working at Crofton:
- A committed and supportive leadership team and governing body.
- High quality professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with exceptional learners.
- Strong community links including our feeder schools.
We would welcome applications from experienced and newly qualified teachers who wish to take advantage of a new challenge. This is an exciting time to shape the curriculum and develop the department further. We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an Academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to our continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
All relevant information and application forms can be downloaded from the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Kim Hinchcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for fully completed applications is 4pm on Sunday 26th January 2020. All applications forms should be submitted through TES or directed to email@example.com. Interviews will likely take place Wednesday 29th or Thursday 30th January 2020.