6th Form Study Supervisor
Term Time plus Inset Days (39 working weeks per year)
30 hours per week (8.45am to 3.15pm with 30 minute unpaid break)
Scale 3 Points 4-5
£19831 - £20210 pro rata (actual £13723 - £14173)
We have an exciting opportunity for a 6th Form Study Supervisor, which is a new, exciting role within our school. This is a brilliant opportunity to work in a well-resourced and successful school. If you are looking to work in a 'good school’ with ‘outstanding’ features, Ofsted 2013, and fantastic facilities then Roding Valley could be the place for you.
You will be joining our exceptional 6th Form team providing support to individual students or small groups within our dedicated study centre.
This post is for 5 days a week from 8.45 until 3.15 (30 hours per week) with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break) term-time only – PLUS Inset days.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, positive and able to work on their own initiative as well as follow direction from other members of staff. They must also be able to demonstrate a strong presence when dealing with our young adults as well as act as a strong role model.
Applicants should have:
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A strong work ethic with flexibility to respond positively to challenges of day to day school life
- A calm and motivated attitude with a clear understanding of the needs of all children – including children with additional needs
- Understanding of personal care
- A good sense of humour
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working within an educational establish is desirable but not essential
Application closing date: Midday Friday 10th December 2021
For further information contact lgower@roding valley.net
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
• Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
• The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Welcome to our school
Welcome to Roding Valley High School. I am incredibly proud to be responsible for the leadership of this great school. If you would like to take a virtual tour through the school and meet some key staff, please click here.