St Francis College, Crestmead is an exciting, contemporary Prep - Year 12 school. Our College Mission and Vision statements indicate that we strive to provide an education that challenges students to grow and learn; and we strive to provide this education in a family environment where students feel safe and supported. Our College family is rich in diversity – we celebrate our rich cultural and linguistic backgrounds but we are united in our commitment to a Franciscan education and way of life.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a full time fixed term position teaching English and Drama.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 10 May 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 4 weeks
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Renee Cabria
Contact Telephone Number: 3489 4800
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education