A-Level Biology Teacher (0.5 -1.0)
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date – Friday 6th April 2018
Interview Date – Thursday 19th April 2018
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic A-Level Biology Teacher (0.5 – 1.0) to join their team on a permanent basis from 20th August 2018.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge/experience of vocational Biology.
Main duties include:
· Teach A-Level Biology (with a preferred ability to also teach Level 3 Vocational Biology), delivering effective learning for students
· Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs or pro rata per annum)
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
· Recognised teaching qualification or willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· Compliance with CPD requirements
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.