A-Level Chemistry Teacher
Salary – Up to £34,431 depending on experience
Closing Date –
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated A-Level Chemistry Teacher to join their successful team, commencing employment in August 2017.
Delivering inspiring and exciting A-Level Chemistry sessions, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic practitioner who promotes and upholds the same high expectations as the College and its’ students. With a focus on sharing good practice, they will be committed to their own continuous professional development, and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an Outstanding experience.
The successful candidate will have a real passion for their subject and be enthusiastic about all aspects of their teaching practice. Working within a friendly and supportive team in a department that is extremely well resourced and has the most up to date and effective teaching equipment in brand new laboratories, the successful applicant will have a focus on raising aspirations and encouraging students in the realisation of their ambitions, and ensuring they have the skills necessary to either progress to Higher Education or enter employment. It is envisaged that the successful candidate may be responsible for a tutorial group in addition to their academic timetable; as such, previous experience of providing pastoral care is desirable. We are looking for candidates on a 0.6 (21 hours) to full time (35 hours) basis.
Key duties include:
· Teaching A-Level Chemistry, delivering effective learning for students (810 hours)
· Planning, preparing and delivering high quality teaching and learning.
· Developing and sharing resources with the A level Chemistry team.
· Delivering enrichment and enhancement activities.
· Acting as a Personal Tutor, if required.
· Being responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A degree in a relevant subject area
· A teaching qualification (or be prepared to complete one within the first 3 years of appointment)
· Successful teaching experience in A Level Chemistry
· Successful teaching experience of L4/L5 Science courses (desirable)
· Experience of acting as a personal tutor (desirable)
This post could suit an experienced practitioner looking for their next challenge, a newly qualified teacher looking to make their mark within an Outstanding organisation, or a talented aspiring trainee teacher looking for support with their PGCE with an excellent Chemistry background (be that in industry or education). Applications will also be considered on a full time, or part time (0.6) basis.
Please note: Anyone wishing to get into teaching may be eligible for a bursary or scholarship to help with their training. Please visit https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/funding-and-salary/overview for more information!
If you're interested in this position and would like more information, then please visit our website - and complete the application form.