We are looking to appoint an A-level Psychology Teacher to join our Social Science Team. The ability to teach Sociology and/or Religious Studies at A-Level would be welcomed but not essential.
Our Sixth Form continues to flourish with exceptional student outcomes once again achieved in 2018. Students of all abilities are encouraged to achieve their absolute best, as demonstrated by our exceptional value-added performance which regularly places Bay House Sixth Form in the top 1% of all schools and colleges nationally. Our aim is to provide the highest level of individual support and guidance to all our students, whatever their plans and ambitions. Approximately 90% of students choose to continue their studies at university, with the overwhelming majority securing a place at their first-choice institution. Of these, at least four times the national average typically gain places at Russell Group Universities.
Colleagues are actively encouraged to build on personal interests and expertise in order to enrich both the curricular and extra-curricular life of the school. Considerable time is devoted to sharing good practice and developing opportunities for professional learning for all members of the department.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent teacher, passionate about their subject and preferably with a proven track record of successful results at A-Level
• Aspirational and keen to take on a leadership role
• Driven to maintain the high performance within the department and will seek further opportunities to build upon this success
• A reflective practitioner
• Committed to supporting and enabling others to develop as teachers and reflective practitioners
What can we offer you:
• A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is our driving force
• The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
• A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for and love of learning and building in young people self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem
• A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being
• A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools
• Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust is the first localised Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) established in Hampshire. The founding schools of the GFM are Bay House Academy, Brune Park School, Gomer Junior School and LWS Academy with Rowner Junior School joining the GFM in September 2018.