BeyondAutism is a registered charity dedicated to launching lives through education and training. Using specialist teaching methods we make breakthroughs in communication that dramatically improve a child’s ability to cope and make sense of a confusing world. We empower people with autism to live fuller lives and we enable families to cope, so that they can see beyond to a brighter future. In addition to running Rainbow School, BeyondAutism also offers outreach, training and consultancy services.
As the lead ABA practitioner you will be an active member of the school senior leadership team informing the strategic direction of ABA practice. A key part of this role is monitoring the quality of behaviour management, teaching and learning, in line with the school policy. You will ensuring the quality of all programmes through the management of the ABA Supervisors, conducting reviews and appraisals of the ABA Supervisors in conjunction with the Heads of School. You will support the ABA Supervisors in developing programmes and/or behaviour management strategies where required, overseeing the quality of the ABA Supervisor’s work. You will also oversee the professional development of ABA Supervisors, including their accreditation of BCBA / BCaBA. The ABA Consultant will be expected to lead on whole school training as directed by the Heads of School.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the pupils within the school.
You will need
- To be BCBA certified
- To have a minimum of four years practical ABA experience with at least 2 years’ experience of managing a case load of verbal behaviour programmes
- Proven experience of managing and training teams of staff
- Experience of advanced ABA skills; programme development, assessment, designing behavioural interventions and integration of other provisions
- Experience of working as part of and with a multi-disciplinary team
If you would like to apply, please complete the application pack on our website: http://www.beyondautism.org.uk/vacancies/
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.