· Come and be part of an exciting team, of expert teachers with a history of outstanding results.
· Join a Christian School whose vision is to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia
· Be part of a unique community centred around the school in rural Zambia.
· Be part of a boarding school with excellent accommodation, sporting facilities, a school farm, clinic, and outstanding outdoor education centre.
· Share in our School Core values which are Faith, Integrity, Servant heartedness, Perseverance, Creativity, and Responsibility.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team in an expanding school. Chengelo School looks for committed Christians; passionate about their faith, passionate about teaching children who demonstrate perseverance and have a track record of success. As the leading Independent boarding School in Zambia, we are committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. You will need a commitment to all these areas to ensure that we fulfil this. We are looking for an outstanding leader with the vision and skills to contribute to the leadership team of the school and help to ensure continued progress.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
· Postgraduate Degree in Education preferred
· Evidence of continuing professional development in preparation for Deputy Head Teacher position.
· Applicants must be licensed teachers
· At least 5 years teaching experience with a record of successful teaching
· Experience of effecting change in teaching, learning or curriculum either at class or whole school level.
· Experience of leadership role within a Secondary School.
· Experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, ABILITES AND QUALITIES
· Committed Christian looking to serve with a vision for Christian Leadership
· Understand and support the Christian ethos of our School, including the spiritual development of the pupils and the school’s role within the community.
· Evidence of working effectively with the Head teacher, staff and parents.
· Evidence of leading by example, demonstrating good interpersonal skills, with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships.
· Evidence of a strong commitment to Christian education.