35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Firth Park Academy is proud to be featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- Rated a ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Proud to have exceeded the National and Sheffield average for Progress 8 achievement.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students from over 50 Nationalities.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We are fortunate to have been awarded HEPPSY funding, to enable us to further increase our pupils’ application rate to Higher Education. We want to expand our intervention team to include a tutor to work with Year 10 and 11 pupils to improve their attainment, aspiration and awareness of the benefits of Higher Education. The successful candidate will join a committed and enthusiastic team which includes a qualified Career advisor and a number of tutors, providing support for both teaching staff and students.
Experience and knowledge of children from diverse backgrounds, is desirable, as is the ability to use initiative whilst working with classroom teachers. Applicants with degrees who are looking to gain experience in education are welcome to apply
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of working with KS4 groups to support Literacy and Numeracy strategies.
• Good Literacy and Numeracy skills, as evidenced by GCSE English and Maths at Level C or above, or equivalent.
• Behaviour Management strategies to encourage positive behaviour.
• Knowledge and experience of intervention programmes that accelerate progress.
• Commitment to raising attainment.
The suitable candidate will:
• Have NVQ Level 3 or Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
• Be able to use their own initiative to improve areas of practice
• Be able to motivate vulnerable and disengaged learners
A Supportive Leadership Team
• A dedicated forward-thinking staff who are committed to teamwork
• Good CPD opportunities
The role will initially be for one year, but we would hope to extend it subject to continuation of funding.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our Business Manager to arrange a visit during the school day.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Joanne Gleig, Business Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is due to commence on 8 January 2018, with interviews to be held week beginning Monday 27 November 2017.
Closing date: Friday 24 November 2017.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.