Job Reference : NACI-TEA-002431
Location : The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun, China
The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun is the first choice for expatriate families seeking an outstanding Early Years and Primary Education in the downtown area. Located in the embassy district of Beijing, BSB, Sanlitun can truly call itself an international school in every sense, with no one nationality dominating its intake. With a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart, BSB, Sanlitun is relentless in its pursuit for excellence. Added to this, a supportive community feel and a school in walking distance of the best of what a World City has to offer, make working at BSB, Sanlitun a once in a lifetime opportunity. To learn more about our school, please visit www.bsbsanlitun.com
Academic Leader (Primary)
The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun is looking to appoint an exceptional teacher and leader to join our talented team. Reporting to the Deputy Head of Primary Phase, you will be part of a new Academic Leadership Team of four highly dedicated teaching professionals, helping shape the future direction of the curriculum and leading a team of teachers and TAs. You will also be a key player in the school’s strategic direction, reporting to the Deputy Head of Primary Phase. This middle management role is the perfect position for someone looking to further their career in school leadership. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We’re looking for the right blend of energy and experience, and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation as well as ensuring consistency and continuity.
Academic Leaders will be expected to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding academic performance for all students.
- Lead a whole school curriculum area.
- Collaborate with the Academic Leadership Team (ALT) to achieve accountability for all.
- Be responsible for a phase of teachers and TAs, ensuring a relentless drive to support professionals to be outstanding practitioners.
- Ensure the phase is a well-organised, efficient and effective hive of purposeful activity from the start to the end of each school day.
- Support a culture of professional learning within the teaching body.
- Encourage active communication with the marketing and admissions team to promote a quality message.
- Promote our Mission through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
- Possess a creative and pragmatic mind with the ability to lead and collaborate on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
- Lead with a strategic and decisive style, suitable for a highly successful school within a competitive environment.
- Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
- Be committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for every student in your care.
Click on the job title above to find out more about the roles and to apply online via the internal portal. Applications must be made online and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees - one of which is your current Head Teacher/Principal.
Closing date: 31st December, 2016
First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone and shortlisted candidates invited to London or Beijing in January.
Start date: August 2017