Salary: GBP £21,121 per year
Contract type: Full Time / Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: ASAP
The GLF Schools Trust is looking for dynamic and inspirational Academic Mentors for Science, Maths and English.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work as an Academic Mentor within the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust, in order to help support children address gaps in their learning as a result of Covid-19.
The programme will run for the 2020/21 academic year and we are looking to appoint a Mentor in each of our following secondary schools:
de Stafford – Caterham; Merstham Park School– Merstham; The Beacon – Banstead; Rosebery School– Epsom; Glyn School – Epsom; Aureus School – Didcot
Based at Aureus School in conjunction with department leads, you will be expected to plan, develop and implement strategies, which contribute towards effective learning, engagement and achievement.
Currently, we are recruiting academic mentors specialising in one of three core subject areas:
Your exact role will be contextualised to the needs of one of the secondary schools and your individual skill-set, however, it will involve the following type of work:
· Subject-specific work with small groups, both in the classroom and through withdrawal sessions
· 1:1 subject specific work with targeted individuals
· Revision sessions
· Additional support for those shielding or not in school
About Aureus School
Aureus School is a mainstream comprehensive 11-16 school that opened on the Great Western Park, Didcot, in September 2017. We are part of a multi-academy trust, GLF Schools and work with our partner Oxfordshire County Council.
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams.
Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
What are we looking for
· Either a completed university degree (2.2 or above) or have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· Grade C (Level 4 or above) in GCSE maths and English
· Demonstrate a high level of pre-existing subject knowledge in relevant subject area
· Right to work in the UK for the duration of the academic year
In addition, the following skills will be essential
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to listen and communicate well
• High level of assertiveness and resilience
• A non-judgemental approach
• Ability to relate to young people and act as a role model
Whether you are a recent graduate, retired teacher or are considering a career change, this role is ideal for those wanting to support young people at a time of unprecedented need.
As an agile employer we are prepared to explore different working patterns/opportunities so if you feel that this is for you then please get in touch.
Closing date for applications - 1st November 2020
Interview dates - TBC
Salary - Associate 3 £21,121 FTE
Hours of work - Ideally full-time (36 hours across the week - term time plus inset days) but we are willing to discuss all flexible and part time working arrangements
More about Aureus School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 16 years
Address: Part of GLF Schools, Candytuft Way, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 6FF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1235 313713
Welcome to Aureus School, a mixed gender comprehensive 11-16 school that opened on the Great Western Park, Didcot, in September 2017. We have state of the art facilities and collaborate with local stakeholders to shape our offer as a STEAM specialist...