Cambridge School of Constanta is seeking applications for a newly formed position of Academic Quality Controller. Suitable candidates will be experienced, intelligent, hard-working, and pro-active leaders who wish to join an ever-growing school in a fast-changing city.
This is an ideal opportunity for a British citizen with experience with Cambridge International Examinations and the British National Curricula. We are looking for a policy-savvy education leader with strong strategic thinking, relationship management, communication, and facilitation skills to work with the Cambridge School of Constanta’s Director and School Management Staff to perform a variety of clerical and support work involving educational policies and procedures and play a transformative and hands-on role in shaping the future of education in our organization.
Academic Quality Controller
To ensure the highest standards of learning, achievement and development for all students and teachers working within all subjects. This will be achieved through clear and effective leadership of subject staff.
Five Key Competencies
1) a wide range of teaching skills;
2) High level inter-personal skills enabling effective team leadership;
3) Ability to evaluate the work of others and enable their development through consultation, coaching and support;
4) Ability to analyze data and information, identify patterns and trends;
5) Ability to formulate strategies for improved learning as a result of the above.
- Conducting class visits on regular basis
- Demonstrating lessons when need be
- Co-teaching and teaching when need be
- Monitoring teachers on the exam marking procedures and timely submission of exam results
- Providing continuous training on classroom management, the point system, pacing charts, use of testing data, instructional methods and student outcomes
- Monitoring students’ academic progress by analyzing the academic reports of all exam results on a weekly basis and take the necessary action by talking to the teachers, students and their parents. All follow up actions should be recorded and documented in students’ files and record books. Determine remedial actions for approval by the directors
- Conducting scheduled advising sessions with students
- Meeting with parents to keep them updated regarding their child(ren)’s performance & progress
- Devising a weekly breakdown of duties (weekly routine including class visits, meetings with teachers, meetings with parents) and submit to the Directors
- Showing presence in the morning, during breaks, and between periods in the corridors and playground
- Conducting regular spot checks on students’ workbooks, copybooks
- Following up on teachers’ and students’ infractions especially those affecting academics such as excessive tardiness and absenteeism and monitoring the dress code and general appropriateness of teachers, staff and students.
- Completion of reports
- Openness towards extracurricular activities during the school year (e.g. school trips, fairs, etc) and will require mentoring, guiding and supervision.
- Openness towards other school activities that may occur during the school year and will require mentoring, guiding and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a position of leadership ideally at an educational institution
- Cambridge Exam Officer qualification
- Optional: experience in teaching is an advantage
1. Kindly give a brief written presentation of your educational background
2. What is your experience with the British curriculum?
3. What is your experience with the Check Point primary/secondary, IGCSE, As and A level exams?
4. Is there a similar working position in your job history (AQC)?
5. Kindly attach your CV (please make sure that all your contact details are there) and a recent photo.
Location: Cambridge School of Constanta, Constanta - Romania
Free breakfast and lunches during school days
Bus transportation to/from school
Salary range: 1000 – 2000 euro
Mobile ph: 0040-725193006