Academic School Tutor
English, Maths, Science, French or Humanities
Dene Academy is seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated individual to support and deliver flexible, person-centred programmes of study for individual and small groups of young people.
We are a high achieving school with an excellent climate for learning. Our students progress exceptionally well and we take pride in our strong values of academic achievement, equality of experience and respect for all.
You are required to be an excellent practitioner with a past record of high performance linked to students’ learning, standards and progress. You must also have a belief in the ability of all students within the school to achieve their full potential. Moreover, you will need to demonstrate that you can inspire both staff and students.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an inspirational practitioner who maximises the potential of students and staff.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Develop learning and teaching across the curriculum though the provision of specialist advice and support for teaching staff.
- To be able to use self-evaluation and performance data to identify and implement effective improvement.
- Maximise achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
- Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school and the personal development of our students.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th October 2021, 9am
Interviews: To be confirmed
Further details about this position and an application pack link are available from the vacancies section of our website: deneacademy.org.uk.
Email completed applications to: email@example.com.
Dene Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years