We are seeking a talented, creative and innovative specialist to join our very successful team. Mounts Bay Academy is a caring and dynamic Academy where students are placed at the centre of everything we do. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum to all our students, who are set challenging academic and personal targets and given the inspiration to succeed.
Applications are welcome from colleagues who have a deep knowledge of their subject area. We want you to show us that you understand how concepts, content and knowledge is organised and delivered; we want to know that you are up-to-date with what expert colleagues and specialist organisations are saying and it is really important that you are passionate about sharing this with colleagues and students.
Is this post the right one for you? It is if:
• you are someone who can support studentsin 1:1 giving them every opportunity to meet their examinationand or / progress targets.
• you are ambitious for students as well as yourself
• you value and use research to extend your own repertoire in order to develop and coach others
• it is your practice to use a wide range of strategies and you can see their relevance in different contexts
• you can articulate and justify the reasons why each might be used to meet individuals targets.
Specifically, we are interested in Tutors who appreciate and understand the preconceptions and misconceptions students may have about a topic/area of study. Successful candidates will be able to show that they not only have a clear understanding of possible barriers to learning, but that they know how to select and use appropriate strategies to overcome these, especially for students with SEND and for those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Mounts Bay Academy embraces the use of new technologies, providing 1-1 iPad devices for each child and an iPad Pro for each member of staff. We would welcome applicants who are innovative in their use of IT and can develop their use as a strategy to deliver outstanding lessons.
Application forms and information packs are available via our school website or upon request by telephoning the Academy.
For further information, please contact Helen Rodgers, PA to the Principal at Mounts Bay Academy
Tel: 01736 363240 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 8th October 2021
Mounts Bay Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every child who joins us at Mounts Bay Academy will gain access to a unique world of opportunity and experience. Talent is celebrated, curiosity is nurtured and every individual is given the chance to shine.
Our aim is to develop young people with ...