Job Reference : 03947
At Nord Anglia International School, New York, we will grow your child as a confident, caring global citizen, ensuring they have the skills required to be successful in a changing world. Nord Anglia International School, New York, is seeking a vibrant, proactive music teacher for placement August 2018 through June 2019.
About the Position:
Responsibilities: Music Specific
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering an annual House Music compeition and assembly.
- Support all performing arts activities and events including, but not restricting to: Artists in Residence Week; School Production; International Week; Communicty Performances e.g. The Bean.
- Plan, communicate, and agree to use the Kraine Theatre for music and performing arts events whenever possible.
- Ensure music is an intregal component of weekly assemblies.
- Develop a culture of music throughout the school thopugh, but not restricted to, the development of "play me" opportunities around school, impropmtu performances at morning arrival, lunchtimes and evening events.
- Provide 10-15 minutes of music songs and or activities for the school's Tots and Toddlers playgroup twice a week.
- Ensure ongoing photos and video clips are captures and shared via the school's social media platform on a weekly basis.
- Plan and deliver teaching and learning acitivites in line with the school's curriculum.
- Ensure learning objectives are clear, appropriate and understood by students at all times.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of learning assistant at all times, ensuring clear expectations and regular feedback is given at all times.
- Ensure there are opportunities for independent and collaborative learning.
- Ensure there are opportunities for peer and self-assessment to support learning.
- Ensure effective behavior and resource management.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to personalize learning to maximize stuednt motivation.
- Set high and encourage high expectations at all times.
- Identify and adapt lessons and resources to meet the needs of students who are very able, have Special Educational Needs, are Gifted and/or talented or are not yet fluent in Enligh.
- Be proactive in adaoting learning activities to support students SMSC needs and the school's collaborative links with Juilliard, MIT and UNICEF at all times.
- Establish a safe, supportive, attactive and stimulating learning environment
Responsibilities: Monitoring, Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Ensure effective use of assessment to assess how well learning objectives have been met and how planning can be improved to further enhance learning.
- Mark work and provide constructive and personalized feedback in line with school policy.
- Provide personalized written reports relating to student progress and next learning steps.
Other Professional Requirements:
- Be an effective class teacher, form tutor as maybe required.
- Be a true school ambassador for planned or impromptu prospective parent tours.
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues, parents and visitors.
- Set high expectations through personal presentation and conduct.
- Keep up-to-date with current educational pratice and professional development as required.
- Provide at least one engaging CCA (co-curricular activity) once a week.
- All staff must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regard to health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant legislation, and shold conform to the professional an ethical requirements.
Closing Date : 31/01/2018