Full Time Permanent
37 hours per week x 39 weeks per annum
Grade E - £23,369 (pro rata)
Required as soon as possible
Chulmleigh Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a reliable and hardworking individual to manage the Academy catering services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of meals to the College and our three primary schools.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Academy Leadership Team to manage and further develop the catering provision for the Academy. Key responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure the provision of appropriate menu choices and food services to meet the needs of students, staff and visitors.
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety standards.
• The direct management of the catering services including planning, cost control, production and service procedures
• The day-to-day management of the catering staff to include working patterns and staff appraisals.
• Preparation and maintenance of the annual catering budget to include the ordering of food, consumables and other related products.
• Ensuring waste is kept to a minimum.
• Identifying and monitoring Key Performance Indicators
Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to lead and motivate a team whilst maintaining high standards and managing costs. We would welcome applications from candidates with an established background in catering and a proven track record of running a busy kitchen. In addition, candidates will require good communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively to build good relationships with outside stakeholders.
As employers we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and in that regard have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children.