The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for an Academy Improvement Leader - Geography. This role at Humberston Academy, Grimsby, could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
Humberston Academy is an oversubscribed ‘outstanding’ academy located in an affluent area of North East Lincolnshire. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Geography department. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and creative candidate to deliver Geography up to KS4, and to be part of our team here at Humberston Academy.
Permanent vacancy, full time teaching hours
About our Academy
The Academy, a member of the David Ross Education Trust, became the first in North East Lincolnshire to be designated “outstanding” under Ofsted’s stricter guidelines.
Our focus is on first class teaching and recruiting outstanding practitioners. Quality teachers are the people who inspire our students to great things.
We are an outstanding Academy and proud of our exceptionally high standards. But it is not all about academic achievement. We are a growing oversubscribed, hard-working Academy, with a positive, business-like and purposeful atmosphere where students can develop and broaden their horizons.
Salary & Benefits
- UPS + TLR1
- Access to Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
Who we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A sound academic background in Geography
- Exemplary, outstanding practitioner
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Good communicator and effective team member and leader
- Excellent knowledge of classroom skills and Teacher Standards
- Excellent understanding of the Ofsted framework and what constitutes effective teaching and learning
- Contemporary pedagogy
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Familiar with recent developments in the teaching and learning of the subject including strategies for raising achievement
- Experienced in using a range of teaching and learning styles
- Able to use assessment data to improve achievement
- Able to use ICT across the curriculum and for administrative purposes
- Understand how the National Curriculum applies to all students
- Accepting of how the Academy Specialisms can be incorporated into the subject
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Humberston Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.