We are looking for ambitious and inspirational leaders for the future who are keen to develop their professional development and leadership skills. The Genesis Education Trust are made up of three Church of England schools in East London with two schools based in Waltham Forest and one in Barking and Dagenham. With two of our schools having been judged to be outstanding by Ofsted and one school as good, we have a proven record of outstanding leadership and exceptional provision of education.
The Accelerated Leadership programme aims to train teachers to become highly effective leaders by offering a carefully tailored programme over a two-year period. These sessions will train participants how to:
• effectively communicate goals with a school community including governors
• train every child to feel pride in their identity, in their school and in their learning
• put pupils at the center of their vision in action
• start projects and finish them with maximum impact
• hold pupils and staff to account
• gather, record and interpret data for next step provision
• prepare for Ofsted.
• write and review policies, action plans, school development plans and reports for governors
We offer two positions on the programme and we would particularly welcome Black Asian Minority or Other candidate applications. By the end of the programme (subject to availability), candidates will be strongly encouraged to apply for an Assistant Head Teacher/ Deputy Head Teacher post at one of our schools or any other primary school. Successful candidates will have the following qualities:
• a core belief that every child will achieve under their leadership
• a hard working mindset and full commitment to professional development
• an ever positive, welcoming and professional attitude
• an ambition and desire to lead a school in the future
• a motivator who thrives on working in diverse teams.
If you recognize yourself in these abovementioned qualities, we would very much welcome hearing you. We are fully committed to train and support successful candidates to become highly effective leaders through our exciting and progressive leadership programme.
The programme will start in September 2021 or December 2022 with candidates completing it in April or September 2021 after which Genesis Education Trust will fully support candidates to apply for an Assistant Headteacher role.
If you are interested in joining our team, it would be great if you could come and visit or have a chat with us prior to application. Please contact Miss Alison Brown (contact details below) and we will arrange a visit or a phone call to go into more detail about this role. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
Genesis Education Trust
- English primary schools
Genesis Education Trust is an expanding collection of outstanding and good schools in East London with a fantastic track record of training and progression opportunities.
The Trust comprises St Mary's C of E school and St Saviour's C of E Schoo...