Position: Accommodation Officer - Mount Isa
Commencing Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $66,546 - $69,781 per annum pending experience
Classification: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: Friday, 16 April 2021
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the south, and north to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the Role
The Accommodation Officer position is based in Cloncurry and Mount Isa and supports St Joseph’s School (Cloncurry), Good Shepherd Catholic College, St Kieran’s Primary School and St Joseph’s School (Mount Isa) assisting teaching staff with their accommodation and property maintenance requirements. The position reports directly to the Maintenance, Accommodation and Sustainability Officer. This position is a Fixed Term Contract for the remainder of the 2021 Teaching Year.
The Key Accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Coordination of keys for furniture storage facility and vacant properties.
- Assist with the removal of unwanted TCE furniture to Council Tip.
- Maintain a manifest for surplus furniture and effects available
- Property Maintenance
- Maintain spare key register
- Maintain a file for each property, including:Current listing of furniture and fittings
Details of current tenants including contact details
Details of real estate agent and/or contact person
Photocopy of keys issued to tenant
Most recent exit report (prior tenant)
Most recent entry report (current tenant)
Real Estate Agent’s Entry Condition Report- RTA 1a (where applicable)
- Interact with employees (tenants):To issue and receive property keys
Receive forms from tenants and forward to Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO)
Complete exit inspections and sign TCEO Exit Reports
Undertake routine and adhoc inspections
Liaise with tenants for access (for furniture movements)
Provide afterhours access to properties, if/when employees are locked out or for tradesperson entry with approval
Provide general information to tenants, such as local information about the town, sports, shops and grocery shopping conveniences/hours, electricity and telecommunication provider locations and hours of business
Arrange repairs for washing machine faults and/or replacements, replacement of smoke detector batteries, replacement of batteries in air conditioner remote controls
Attend to tenant complaints relating to faults or property difficulties - liaise between tenants and real estate agencies.
Arrange replacement keys for properties
Arrange furniture movements to and from each TCEO rental property
Assemble and disassemble of all TCEO bed frames for each teacher/tenants arrival/departure.
- Interact with real estate agencies:For new properties leased by TCEO - Perform very thorough entry inspection and take photos where required. Complete real estate agent’s Entry Condition Report- RTA 1a and forward copy to TCEO
For cancelled / terminated properties - Complete exit inspection (take photos where necessary). Complete real estate agent’s Exit Condition Report- RTA 4a and forward copy to TCEO.
Where requested by TCEO liaise with agents for property cleaning and maintenance access.
- Interact with others:Meet with tradespersons for issues of keys / access to properties when authorised by TCEO.
- Property Managementundertake routine and adhoc inspections of properties as required
Provision of support to employees with relocation and logistics
- Act as liaisonommunity supports, services and agencies
Assist with annual inspections of all properties in conjunction with Maintenance, Accommodation and Sustainability Officer.
- Previous experience providing generalist administrative support
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines.
- Ability to be a pro-active rather than re-active team player and work with minimal supervision
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
Some employees may be subject to pre-employment medical assessments during the selection process. Depending on the nature of the position, it may be necessary for successful applicants to be immunised against certain preventable diseases in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $66,546 - $69,781 per annum pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Friday, 16 April 2021.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education