We are seeking an Acting Campus Minister to join our school community.
The Campus Minister works as a member Religious Education team to provide faith and spiritual support to students. The role has a focus towards developing a Benedictine charism within the Religious life of the college. The Campus minister seeks to engage St Benedicts College students in gaining confidence in sharing their gifts and talents with the community.
The role of the Campus Minister entails working in collaboration with staff and students to:
- Explore the St Benedicts College values of Service, Balance and Community in light of the Religious life of the College;
- In collaboration with the APRE plan and lead College liturgies, year level masses and prayer experiences;
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with local parish and wider community;
- Explore prayer and worship opportunities for students;
- Invite students to engage in social action activities in service to others.
Please refer to the attached position description for further information.
Please attach a copy of your Resume and a cover letter addressing the Eligibility Criteria and Key Result Areas as outlined in the Role Description.
St Benedict’s College is a developing co-educational secondary college which opened in January 2013. In 2021 we will commence the year with in excess of 900 students.
The College provides a connection to secondary education for the students of co-located St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School, other local Catholic feeder schools, as well as students from a variety of other schools in the North Lakes-Mango Hill area and wider region.
We are master planned as a six stream Year 7 to Year 12 College. Our College is committed to providing high quality contemporary education in a Catholic Christian context, embracing the spirit of St Benedict. We support and encourage all students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens able to contribute fully to their community and the world in which they live.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Monday, 26 April 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Relief Position for 8 weeks duration
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 35 hours per week - required to work Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $33.53 pre hour plus Superannuation
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Sharie Faloon
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3385 8888
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education