We are seeking an acting Primary Learning Leader to support engagement, learning progress and achievement for 2022. This position is a maternity leave contract with full-time release and a 3 unit allowance. The successful applicant will assist with providing targeted Tier 2 (small group) reading intervention in addition to the PLL role.
As a Primary Learning Leader, you will enhance teacher capacity and effectiveness by modelling high-quality teaching and learning across the school, mentoring and coaching, supporting professional learning and fostering collegiality and collaboration.
You will demonstrate a commitment to ensuring improved educational outcomes for students and continuous school improvement, in line with system strategies. This role will support teachers through coaching in a learner-focussed approach.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support teachers in monitoring each student’s progress using data
• Provide feedback and support to teachers with classroom pedagogy and planning
• Lead and coordinate curriculum implementation and develop pedagogies and assessment skills
• Ensure effective teaching and improved achievement across all curriculum areas
• Assist staff in the monitoring of literacy progress and achievement of each student using relevant and appropriate learning and teaching data
• Actively support and model current pedagogical practices in a future-focussed learning culture.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate the understanding of the need to improve literacy standards
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Informed literacy and numeracy practice and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• A genuine love of learning and a commitment to working in a culture of continuous improvement
• A willingness to partner with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• An understanding of Brisbane Catholic Education’s Effective and Expected Practices
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• An ability to introduce and model research-based innovative and creative practices that enhance learning
• An ability to collect and analyse data and work collegially to apply appropriate responses
• A curiosity for embedding digital technologies into a contemporary learning environment
• Instinctive learning dispositions of courage, trust, perseverance, confidence and responsibility
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the Catholic ethos and Catholic perspective across the curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2022 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Nic Constable
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 3201 6188
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education