An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, well qualified and experienced teacher of Sociology to join the school as Acting Subject Leader covering maternity leave. Sociology is a popular subject at A Level and many students go on to study the subject at top universities. The appointed person will need to be able to teach PRE to KS3.
Chesham Grammar School is a successful and popular co-educational grammar school with 1,260 students on roll (371 in the Sixth Form).
We are looking for:
- an ability to teach outstanding lessons across all key stages
- experience of raising attainment by challenging and inspiring students
- motivational skills to inspire colleagues and students
- excellent leadership and management skills.
- motivated and high attaining learners
- commitment to professional development
- great support and team work
- superb teaching and staff facilities including leisure centre (staff package)
- on-site accommodation
- an opportunity to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty 30 minutes from London.
For an application pack or to request a pre-application visit please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Midday, 21 September 2017
Chesham Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.