We require a professional and dynamic Administration and Finance Assistant to join our busy administration team. It is a great time to join the Academy!
The Headteacher and Governors of the Hammersmith Academy Trust invite applications for the Reception and Administrator post at this innovative 11-18 Academy. Sponsored by City of London Livery Companies the Mercers’ Company and the Information Technologists’ Company.
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates with the appropriate skills, vision and desire to work at the Academy, where expectations are high and there is a strong focus on student achievement.
- You will report to the Office Manager and Finance Manager for administration and finance support and the effective management of the parental contributions to the Academy and associated areas.
- Required to provide administrative and reception support, including drafting and typing letters, memos and other documents.
- Responsible for cashier duties within the Academy.
- To liaise with the staff member leading a trip to agree payment methods, timings and agree content of letters to parents with regards to payment
- To be responsible for the accurate collecting and recording of monies received from students for trips & activities
- To download reports from the parental website with electronic payments taken, and update the trip spreadsheets accordingly
- To provide relevant trip holder a weekly update of students paid
- To write and send follow-up letters to parents with outstanding balances
- To continuously review and improve the systems in place.
Parent Pay System
- To act as administrator for the on-line parent pay system (sQuid), answering any parent queries and promoting use of the system
- To provide new log in details for any new students
- To enrol students on to the system, using biometric technologies
- To count any cash received via the Academy catering balance loaders on a weekly basis, reconciling to the transactional reports.
Free School Meal Administrator
- To ensure that the Free School Meal updates received from the local boroughs are updated on the Academy’s student information systems promptly and accurately
- To write to any parent when notification is received that eligibility is stopping to ensure that they are aware
- To calculate any refund due to a family, when a free school meal notification is received and back dated
- To advise families on the eligibility criteria for free school meals, encouraging applications where appropriate, and following up on outstanding claims
- To provide lists for the facilities team of relevant students for FSM when out of school e.g. on curriculum trip
Any ad hoc duties as instructed by the Finance Manager. This may include processing invoices, filing, liaising with suppliers and students.
Administrative and Reception Support
It will be necessary to assist in the rota covering the reception desk.
This will be to cover an hourly lunch break each day and to support during busy times.
- Welcome visitors to the Academy in a professional and inclusive manner
- Provide a helpful and efficient response to all queries and requests
- Manage all calls, taking accurate messages
- Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail
- Other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Office Manager
In addition, it should be emphasised that all support staff will be regularly required to assist at busy times in different areas.
Health and Safety
- Contribute to a safe and healthy workplace by following health & safety instructions and policies
- Report accidents and hazards.
- Generally caring for one’s own safety and that of others, including volunteers, students and parents that may possibly be affected by actions or inaction
Only application forms will be accepted, please complete and send via the button below.