Required as soon as possible.
37 hours per week, term time only
Monday – Friday Hours of work: 08:30am – 4:30pm
Term time plus 5 INSET days plus 5 days to be worked during the holidays.
We are looking for someone to join our busy office to work alongside the School Business Manager and the Office Administrator to assist in the smooth running of the school’s office and reception area.
The role includes a wide range of office and finance duties coupled with interaction with pupils, staff and parents.
Duties will include:
- Reception and telephone duties, being a welcoming face to parents, staff, visitors and pupils.
- Ordering goods for the school, checking deliveries, processing invoices on the school’s FMS financial system.
- Cashier duties ensuring cash is accurately counted and deposited at the bank.
- Producing end of month reports with regard to payroll and staff absence.
- Providing admin support to Trip Organisers, the After Care manager and the Enrichment Co-ordinator and overseeing bookings and finance for trips or school activities.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have the ability to prioritise work schedule, and to be self-motivating to achieve deadlines.
- Have a meticulous approach to all tasks checking for accuracy.
- Have previous experience of working in a similar role in a school or in a financial role responsible for cash receipts and ordering goods.
- Work pro-actively as part of a team and independently when required.
- Have experience of using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ideally have some knowledge of SIMS and FMS (would be an advantage but not essential.)
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply please contact Miss Lucas, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 937 5551 for an application pack.
Visit the school website for more details: www.thamesideprimary.co.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
Interviews: W/C 4th October 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.
Thameside Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years