The post holder will be required to exercise her/his professional skills and judgement to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the Phoenix House Administrative Team (Finance Manager, HR Manager, Marketing and Admissions Manager, IT and Data Manager, Receptionist)
- Be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of procurement, catering, transport, building, security, building maintenance and health & safety
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the school and follow its policies and procedures.
- Ensure GDPR compliance and due regard for and compliance with all matters relating to health & safety
- Lead by example and embody the ethos of Phoenix House
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of Phoenix House and its brand identity
- Manage Health & Safety across Phoenix House and boarding in line with the school’s Health & Safety policy to ensure a safe and secure environment for all stakeholders of the Phoenix House.
- Conduct health and safety audits and manage all health and safety incidents and accidents.
- Be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Phoenix House’s Health and Safety and policy, including regular reporting to the Head of School and Board of Directors
- Be informed and keep abreast of current legislation, national guidelines and local arrangements in relation to health & safety, advising Phoenix House as required
- Monitor and maintain Phoenix House Health & Safety policy and records, ensuring the school is compliant with statutory legislation, and liaise with enforcement agencies including the Fire Service, Food Standards, Environmental Health and overseas - the Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) health and safety compliance requirements
- Promote a culture of health & safety across Phoenix House and raise health & safety awareness
- Manage aspects of the operational budget and ensure the resources in place are effective to deliver Phoenix House’s strategic aims and objectives
- Take an active role in whole school self-evaluation, strategic and annual planning processes.
- Be the lead professional with oversight of operational services to support Phoenix House events.
- Monitor admin staff training and develop and appraise members of each admin area
- Providing regular statutory compliance reports to the Head of School and Board of Directors
- Monitor the Phoenix House’s Risk Assessments, maintain the Phoenix House’s Risk Register and drive actions to reduce identified risks.
- As advised by the Head of School and Board of Directors, manage service contracts, tenders and the operational aspects of capital projects liaising with contractors and outside agencies
- Be responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the building and sports facilities to a high standard
- Ensure appropriate reporting, monitoring and control systems relating to the Phoenix House’s internal building fabric and furniture, including the production and maintenance of an asset register
- Manage the maintenance and presentation of Phoenix House school building, including the management of energy and utilities
- Ensure maintenance and repairs are duly carried out at best cost
- Be responsible for the management of security during and after the Phoenix House day and work closely with the Head of School and Board of Directors for community lettings and use of the Phoenix House facilities, within approved procedures and guidelines
- Oversee the provision of catering for pupils and staff in the Phoenix House in accordance with the service delivery, quality and cost criteria established by the Head of School and Board of Directors
- Have full responsibility for managing and coordinating the Phoenix House’s transport arrangements, school buses, and the maintenance and use of any Phoenix House vehicles
- To ensure, in relation to all the above responsibilities, that systems for monitoring and reporting are in operation
- To work in collaboration with relevant colleagues at Phoenix House and counterparts at other schools
- Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by the Head of School and Board of Directors.
- Experience of managing operations and administration in a school setting
- High level of interest in and passion for international school education
- Experience of contributing to policy development, implementation and review
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- An understanding of admin systems e.g. iSAMS
- Ability to be a good team player with a good understanding of how teamwork contributes to harmonious school life and purposeful school development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
Disposition – evidence of
- Commitment to excellence and to significantly contribute to the success of the school
- Personal and intellectual qualities required to work alongside and set an example to others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Flexibility, drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Approachability and a sense of humour.
If you are keen to be involved in building a brand new school in Tokyo and feel excited by the challenges this brings, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Phoenix House International School is managed and operated by Clarence Education Asia. www.clarenceeducation.asia
Applications are invited through the TES application portal with application form & a letter of application.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021. Early applications are encouraged.
The interview process will take place during May 2021. Due to COVID-19, in-person school visits may not be possible.
For more details about our school, please visit our website: www.phoenixhouseschool.org
Phoenix House International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Short-listed candidates will undergo background checks, including following-up references with previous employers.
Phoenix House International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 13 years
It is with huge pride that Phoenix House school will formally open in August 2021 in Tokyo and Hokkaido. The school will seek to offer a creative and innovative British style independent school education within the rich international culture of Japan...