Academy: Leeds City Academy
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Grade: B1, £18,933 - £19,698 Full time, All Year Round
Hours: 37 hours per week (9:30 – 17:30 Monday – Thursday, 9:30 – 17:00 Friday)
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 academy and one of four schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development in all sectors.
Please apply if you wish to work for a Multi Academy Trust which values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
Role: The successful candidate will be employed as an Administration Assistant by Leeds City Academy.
• Support the running of the Academy’s cashless system, supporting all users and oversee any queries.
• To undertake data input / word processing of correspondence, reports, publications, and other documents.
• To be responsible for the keeping and updating of school records producing reports as required.
• Manage telephone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Conduct regular audits of databases, ensuring accurate records are kept.
• Use of the Academy’s MIS.
• Provide a confidential and professional administrative support to the Academy Senior Leadership Team.
• As required by Behaviour / Attendance leaders, provide additional administrative support to the pastoral and attendance teams.
• To attend meetings and take notes/minutes as required.
• Provide cover to reception areas as required.
• Provide reprographics/printing support as required.
• To use Microsoft Office and databases effectively to deliver administrative tasks.
• To work with others to help improve work organisation and effectiveness.
• Assist in the delivery of the academy’s free school meal programme.
• Manage the operation of the Academy’s cashless catering system.
• Work with Year Managers and Student Reception to organise and coordinate all school immunisations.
• General upkeep of the office, reprographics and stationary store.
• Provision of effective and meaningful communications to stakeholders.
• Be a person with responsibilities during emergency procedures.
• Manage the Academy’s electronic signing in and out system in line with safeguarding protocols.
Part of the White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students achieve ‘World Class’ status.
We're securing our 2025 vision for World Class by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 450 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on innovation, leadership development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as World Class within five years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group, other members include Harrogate College, Keighley College, Leeds City College and Leeds Conservatoire. The Group provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: 17th September 2021 – 9.00 am
Shortlisting date: 17th September 2021
Start date: ASAP
For more information, please visit our website at whiteroseacademies.org . To apply, please complete our application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check. Please note this role will involve contact with children and you will be engaging in regulated activity. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Leeds City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years