Position: Administration Assistant
Start date: Immediate Start Available
Hours: 38 hours per week
Salary: $59,403 - $61,266
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Townsville Catholic Education (TCE) supports 29 schools in our Diocese, located in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Abergowrie. TCE employs in excess of 2,500 teaching, professional and ancillary/support employees to fulfill our mission of providing quality educational services through our Catholic school communities. The Catholic Diocese of Townsville provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12.
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide timely and efficient coordination and administrative support to the three Curriculum Advisers who are members of the TCEO Service Teams and the Learning and Teaching Team. The Administrative Assistant performs a full range of secretarial and administrative support functions, including prompt, courteous and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the the smooth and functional delivery of services from the Curriculum Advisers.
The role holder will require high level skills in the ability to prioritise the work demands from each of the Curriculum Advisers and ensure deadlines are met.
The duties of the Administration Assistant may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate requests for information and documentation on behalf of the Curriculum Advisers and act as first point of contact for enquiries on behalf of the team where appropriate
- Manage the Curriculum Advisers’ electronic diaries, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings by liaising with TCEO, schools, and other parties in the scheduling of appointments
- Co-ordinate travel requirements for the Curriculum Advisers including flights, accommodation, car hire, and conference bookings
- Coordinate fleet vehicle compliance and servicing requirements for Curriculum Advisers’ vehicles
- Co-ordinate the Catholic Education Office/School Calendar and regularly update throughout the year with a commitment to accuracy and compliance
- Coordinate the Learning and Teaching Network meetings including booking flights and accommodation. This also includes preparation and distribution of the agenda and date claimer, preparation of professional learning resources, attendance sign in, registration of P.D. in iChris, organising catering, set up and clean-up of the room and set up of media equipment, teleconferencing and video conferencing.
- Complete purchase orders through the TCEO Tech One platform including expenses claims from the Curriculum Advisers
- Completing and submitting requests for reimbursement and funding to QCEC when requested.
- Provide timely and professional communication with external parties including the office of the Bishop, schools, venues, and other stakeholders
- Provide generalist administrative support to the Curriculum Advisers and Learning and Teaching Team including the management of incoming and outgoing mail and the monitoring and ordering of stationery and other resources.
- Coordinate, maintain and store records (both electronic and hardcopy) in an accurate, timely, confidential manner, and produce reports from the electronic data as required
- Prepare professional Learning resources as required for the Curriculum Advisers and Learning and Teaching team.
- Ensure information produced and displayed for school access reflects accuracy and currency (including guidelines, handbook, google site, TCE Sharehub, WWW. etc.)
- Secretariat support to the Learning and Teaching Advisory Committees and other Committees as reasonably instructed
- Liaise with external personnel as required by the Curriculum Advisers
- Other tasks as reasonably instructed. This role is part of the wider TCEO Administrative Team and as such there is a requirement to provide assistance to the reception function from time to time and the Learning and Teaching and R.E. Teams.
- Demonstrated experience with the provision of focussed and professional administrative, and secretariat support at a high level
- Previous experience handling enquiries and responding with professionalism and sensitivity to requests for information and complaint management
- Previous experience displaying professional and effective interpersonal, communication and liaison skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Conference and event organisation and associated protocols including catering and travel logistics
- Knowledge and ability to operate with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in the performance of all duties
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency in a variety of programs including online platforms such as G:Suite, word processing, email management and the development of presentations
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to organise work, manage own time to meet deadlines, and be adaptable in response to changing priorities
- High level of attention to detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the work
- Ability to show initiative, flexibility, solve problems and contribute to process improvement in a complex environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Relevant Qualification
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Previous experience in the Education field would be considered advantageous.
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
Applications close 9:00am Monday 17th February 2020.
Previous applicants need not apply