Position: Administration Assistant - Learning and Teaching
Salary Range: $63,963 - $65,972 per annum pending experience
Tenure: Full Time, Permanent
Commencing Date: October 2021
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the South, North to Ingham and Halifax, South-West to Winton, and West to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Townsville Catholic Education is currently seeking an Administration Assistant to support seven members of the Learning and Teaching Team consisting of three Curriculum Advisers, three System Learning and Teaching Advisers (SLTAs) and the Early Years Project Coordinator (EYP Coordinator). This role is a Full Time, Permanent position commencing as soon as possible.
About the role
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide timely and efficient coordination and administrative support to the seven members of the Learning and Teaching Team. The Administrative Assistant performs a full range of secretarial and administrative support functions, including prompt, courteous and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the smooth and functional delivery of services.
The role holder will be required to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in the performance of all duties and the ability to prioritise the work demands from all members of the Learning and Teaching Team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate requests for information and documentation on behalf of the Curriculum Advisers, SLTAs and the EYP Coordinator and act as a first point of contact for enquiries on behalf of the team where appropriate
- Manage the Curriculum Advisers, SLTAs and EYP Coordinator’s electronic diaries, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings by liaising with TCEO, schools, and other parties in scheduling of appointments
- Coordinate travel requirements for the Curriculum Advisers, SLTAs and EYP Coordinator, including flights, accommodation, car hire, and conference bookings
- Coordinate fleet vehicle compliance and servicing requirements for Curriculum Advisers’ vehicles
- Coordinate the TCEO/School Calendar and regularly update throughout the year with a commitment to accuracy and compliance
- Coordinate the Learning and Teaching Network meetings, Graduate Teacher and Mentoring program including booking flights and accommodation. This also includes preparation and distribution of the agenda and date claimer, preparation of professional learning resources, attendance sign in, registration of professional development in iChris, organising catering, set up and clean-up of the room and set up of media equipment, teleconferencing and video conferencing
- Complete purchase orders through the TCEO Tech One platform including expenses claims from the Curriculum Advisers, SLTAs and the EYP Coordinator.
- Complete and submit requests for reimbursement and funding to QCEC when requested
- Support the Director - Learning and Teaching in preparing the yearly budget for the directorate and other financial reporting requirements as directed
- Provide timely and professional communication with external parties including the office of the Bishop, schools, venues, and other stakeholders
- Provide generalist administrative support to the Curriculum Advisers and Learning and Teaching Team including the management of incoming and outgoing mail and the monitoring and ordering of stationery and other resources
- Coordinate, maintain and store records (both electronic and hardcopy) in an accurate, timely, confidential manner, and produce reports from the electronic data as required
- Prepare professional learning resources as required for the Curriculum Advisers and Learning and Teaching team
- Ensure information produced and displayed for school access reflects accuracy and currency (including guidelines, handbook,Google Workspace, TCE Sharehub, www. etc.)
- Secretariat support to the Learning and Teaching Advisory Committees and other Committees as reasonably instructed
- Liaise with external personnel as required by the Curriculum Advisers, SLTAs and the EYP Coordinator
- Other tasks as reasonably instructed. This role is part of the wider TCEO Administrative Team and as such there is a requirement to provide assistance to the reception function from time to time and the Learning and Teaching and Religious Education Teams
- Demonstrated experience with the provision of focussed and professional administrative, and secretariat support at a high level
- Previous experience handling enquiries and responding with professionalism and sensitivity to requests for information and complaint management
- Previous experience displaying professional and effective interpersonal, communication and liaison skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Conference and event organisation and associated protocols including catering and travel logistics
- Knowledge and ability to operate with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in the performance of all duties
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency in a variety of programs including online platforms such as G Suite, word processing, email management and the development of presentations
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to organise work, manage own time to meet deadlines, and be adaptable in response to changing priorities
- High level of attention to detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the work
- Ability to show initiative, flexibility, solve problems and contribute to process improvement in a complex environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
- Certificate Business Administration or Office Studies
- Previous experience in the education field would be considered advantageous.
- Experience in using Google Workspace would be an advantage
Some employees may be subject to pre-employment medical assessments during the selection process. Depending on the nature of the role, it may be necessary for successful applicants to be immunised against certain preventable diseases in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
What we offer
- Competitive Annual Salary starting: $63,963 - $65,972 per annum pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave if eligible
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a cover letter to support your application.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 19 September 2021.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
View other vacancies here.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education