We are searching for a part-time Administrative Assistant: Afternoon Receptionist to join us on 7 June 2021 (or as soon as possible after) on a permanent basis.
We are looking for:
Someone to be responsible for the main reception area ensuring that it is a pleasant and welcoming area, reflecting the ethos of the school in which all visitors and those contacting the school by telephone and email are made welcome and are dealt with courteously and professionally. You will effectively operate the switchboard and provide reception/administrative services.
HOURS: 20 hours and 30 minutes per week, Monday to Thursday 12.45pm to 5.00pm and Friday 12.45pm to 4.15pm, term-time only, plus 5 training days pro rata.
SALARY: £18562.00 - £18933.00 gross pa (£9.62 - £9.81 per hour), pro rata for part-time, term-time. Starting salary equates to £8776.89 gross pa.
We offer you:
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities.
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 590) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Our Applicant Information booklet is below along with a Job Description. You can also scroll down to find out more about our school. We would love to receive your application. We know your time is precious, so please click on the Quick Apply button below.
Closing date: Sunday 23 May 2021
Interviews to be held on 26th or 27th May 2021.
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
St Bartholomew's School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years