Administrative Assistant & Reprographics Coordinator
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 8:00am 29 September 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 4 October 2021
Surbiton High School seeks an enthusiastic and outstanding candidate to join our Administration Department.
Job Purpose: To support Administrative functions across reception and within the communications department
Tenure: Permanent, term-time (38 weeks of the year), Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours a week
Administrative Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- To answer the telephone promptly and professionally
- To field telephone calls appropriately
- To act as front of house for all visitors; welcoming them to the School, offering refreshments, directing them to the relevant people in different areas of the School
- To ensure visitors are signed in and registered at Reception in accordance with Surbiton High School’s security measures
- To liaise with other Reception desks to ensure sites are working collaboratively
- To log and distributing personal items to students as and when they require (i.e. temporary uniform measures)
- To assist parents, pupils and staff with ad hoc queries
- To assist with events and any other such functions which take place at the School
- To administer school registers and ensuring the Management Information System (MIS) is kept up-to-date on a daily basis
- To be responsible for ordering stationary and logging it accordingly
- To reissue replacement fobs to students (Years 7-11)
- To provide administrative support to staff as directed by the Senior Administrator
Reprographics Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the smooth running of the Reprographics Office, to plan the reprographic work schedules of the School and be aware of impending work projects, such as admin work and schedules for parents’ evenings
- To perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing
- To liaise with Reprographics companies and suppliers as required
- To organize and liaise with staff to produce internal exam papers
- To help with printing, laminating and binding documents
- To assist teaching staff with ad-hoc reprographic jobs such as producing lesson supplies, printing and putting together event packs
- To ensure that the reprographics machinery and equipment have suitable levels of ink, staples and toners
- To arrange for repair of equipment as required
- To be responsible for the general tidiness of the reprographics room
- Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative and ICT skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and databases
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- A friendly telephone manner
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to create productive working relationships at all levels
- A proactive and flexible approach and able to self-direct
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality and awareness of data protection
- Enthusiastic team player, with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ambitious and aspirational for oneself and for the school
- Accustomed to working collaboratively within a busy office environment
- Highly flexible, able to multi-task and determination to overcome barriers
- Commitment to personal professional development, and therefore willingness to develop own skills
- Committed to the Surbiton High School’s ethos
- Commitment to the personal and educational development of pupils and to an ethos of respect and service
To apply for this role please click here : https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2361984?cid=1567
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email:
Surbiton High School is culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email: email@example.com
Surbiton High Senior School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth of...