We are looking for a dedicated and detail-orientated individual to join us as an Administrative Officer in Student Services.
We believe passionately in our mission statement – ‘We Know, We Can, We Will’. We never settle for less and are driven by achievement and success. To be a committed member of the Harris Invictus community is to aspire to learn and gain knowledge. We are able to apply what we know to the outside world. We can do it and we will succeed no matter the circumstances or difficulties we face.
Learning is a journey, and in partnership with parents, we will be there to support when needed, to celebrate successes and to guide our young people as they become the leaders of tomorrow.
“Education is the passport to the future for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today” Malcolm X
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To manage the operation of the Academy Student Reception and provide efficient administration and medical support to a high standard within the Academy;
- To support with students referred for unsatisfactory uniform, including the supervision of make-up and nail varnish removal. This will include the logging of incidents and contact with home and sending home to change where appropriate, after gaining authority from a VP or the Principal;
- To support with initial assessment of student medical requirements and to administer First aid;
- Supervision of students whilst waiting for appropriate action to be agreed/taken;
- To use BromCom on a day to day basis to run reports and access student related information;
- Issuing Toilet/Medical/Lunch/Lift passes and providing keys where necessary;
- Printing timetables for students who have lost theirs;
- Responsible for lost property and issuing temporary uniform to students where theirs is not appropriate.
- Ensure that the Federation First Aid and Medicines Policy is adhered to
- To be a First Aider for the Academy;
- To be responsible for the administration of medication for students with medical conditions, i.e. Epilepsy, Diabetes, ADHD etc;
- To be trained in the use of Epi-pens;
- To ensure that all medicine is in date, accessible and stored correctly (e.g. locked/refrigerated), advising parents when they are near expiry dates and that the relevant parental consent is in place;
- To log first aid cases in BromCom/Medical Tracker;
- Contact parents to inform them of children’s injuries or being ill so that they are collected, following the Academy’s procedures and ensuring authorisation is first sought from the Principal or Safeguarding Lead;
- Complete Accident Forms for injuries as per the Academy’s policy;
- Making calls to 111/999 as deemed necessary for emergencies and informing parents;
- Vaccinations – dealing with nurses and making sure that the vaccination programme is run well;
- Placing orders of first aid equipment and regularly checking First Aid Kits/Grab Bags to ensure that contents have not become out of date.
- Provide general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- To cover the Main Office Reception desk as required
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Produce lists/information/data as required, e.g. pupils’ data.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain and collate pupil reports.
- Provide timely and effective operation of secretarial and administrative support to the line manager.
- Assist the Academy by maintaining good relationships with staff, parents, governors, contractors, representatives and external agencies in order to promote the objectives of the School.
- Other duties as may reasonably be requested by the line manager
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge and Training
- NVQ2 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Minimum of 2 years school office experience
Experience & Knowledge
- General clerical/administrative/financial work
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for young people
- Experience of Reception duties including dealing with visitors to the Academy
Skills & Abilities
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Effective use of ICT packages
- Use of relevant equipment/resources
- Good keyboard skills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding of school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and manage own workload
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016: only the seventh secondary free school in London to achieve this. The academy opened with its f...