Full Time, Term Time plus one week (40 weeks per year)
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is the only all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate to join our team, working within in our secondary phase.
- Lead and manage the co-ordination of the admissions process throughout for the secondary phase, supporting the Executive Co-Headteachers in policy and processes matters relating to the admission of students.
- Liaise confidently with prospective parents/carers and assist them with their application journey.
- Liaise internally and externally in order to ensure a high-quality service is delivered throughout the whole admissions process.
- Collate accurate information and statistics relating to admissions to share with Senior Leadership and the Federation Governing Body.
- Assist, alongside the wider Federation team, with the setting up of open days, information and marketing events and with scheduled tours of the school.
- Develop admissions material, including the prospectus and any other Admissions related literature.
- Liaise with the Principal on a regular basis regarding in-year admissions.
- Induct new students in accordance with procedures for in-year admissions.
- Monitor the overall level of attendance and punctuality for the secondary phase to keep senior leaders informed and up to date especially if there is a decrease.
- Send out letters to parents to alert them to the concerns school has about their child’s attendance and/or punctuality, as required.
- Invite parents into school to discuss attendance issues with the Home School Link Worker/Welfare Officer//Attendance Lead or Officer.
- Follow and adhere to the LA guidance and DfE legalisation regarding Child Missing Education (CME).
- Undertake interventions and offer support where possible/appropriate, through school resources and/or outside agencies.
- Use Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Guidance to Improve Attendance.
- Hold pre-referral meetings to address irregular school attendance, in the presence of the Officer from the Attendance Advisory Service of the Local Authority.
- Undertake referrals to the Attendance Advisory Service if a student’s unauthorised absence reaches 10% or more.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed if a parent/carer chooses elective home education for their child.
- Ensure the school complies with the requirement to complete the DFE Attendance Monitoring form each term and the LA’s Standards and Strategy team and Attendance Advisory Service forms.
- Provide attendance data for the Executive Co-Headteacher’s report to Governors on a termly basis.
General Admin Support
- Welcome visitors and ensure signing in procedure/visitor pass are administered
- Deal with incoming telephone calls and direct as necessary
- Text/email parents as necessary
- Manage parental queries – face to face/email or on the telephone
- Letter & Document writing: Assist School Leaders in preparation of written documents to parents, governors and agencies, distribute as appropriate via hard copy or email
- To prepare outgoing mail for postage.
- To support the Welfare desk if necessary, with pupil first aid, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc. and help maintain the school’s records on first aid
- To provide refreshments for visitors and meetings.
- Undertake routine administration tasks incl. photocopying
- To unequivocally support and promote the values and ethos of the Koinonia Federation.
- Be aware of the responsibilities under GDPR and other relevant legislation for the security, accuracy and significance of the personal data held in the school’s systems.
- Have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and follow all associated child protection and safeguarding policies as adopted by the Federation.
- Work in accordance with the School’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other responsibilities compatible with the role.
We can offer:
- A supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- A positive school culture
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils
- A supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview.
For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.
We politely request no contact from employment agencies.
St Mary Magdalene C of E School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is a co-educational, all-through school based in Greenwich, south-east London. The school has both primary and secondary phases. The secondary phase has approximately 560 students aged 11-18 and 80 staff.