The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an Admissions and Attendance Officer to work alongside the admin and the pastoral teams to ensure efficient admission to the academy and to promote excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with students and families to promote the importance of good attendance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Administration of the Academy’s admission procedures for starters and leavers including in-year transfers.
· To support with all open evenings and other marketing events promoting pupil admissions.
· Maintain full destination data on all pupils.
· Completion and submission of census and other statutory returns on behalf of the Headteacher.
· To be responsible for the administration of student attendance within SIMS, ensuring all registers are completed.
· Check registers every morning and contact parents/carers on the first day of absence or as soon as possible thereafter.
· Liaise with parents/carers for updates on student’s attendance – including making and receiving phone calls / voicemails / text messages.
· To record and monitor late arrivals – including signing in late students on InVentry system and importing data into SIMS.
· To issue student detentions in line with the Academy’s behaviour policy, notifying parents/carers via text message and monitoring attendance.
· To attend and participate in pastoral meetings as required.
· To liaise with the education welfare team, social workers, or other professionals as required.
· Liaise directly with the appropriate Progress and Achievement Leaders, Pastoral Support Managers and Senior Leadership Team, updating them with information and causes for concern.
· To manage school correspondence in respect of attendance, issuing letters and liaising with staff as appropriate.
· To identify and monitor pupils with low attendance, producing warning letters and contacting Derbyshire County Council to send fixed penalty requests if required.
· To provide relevant reports/analysis in preparation for meetings.
· To provide accurate attendance reports and statistics, thereby ensuring that information is available for internal and external use.
· To complete any paperwork and corresponding attendance information relating to exclusions.
· To maintain the detention logs and communicate with parents, pupils and staff to ensure the effective running of this process.
· Maintain student files and filing
· To attend home visits with pastoral team for poor attendance/pastoral concerns.
· To process absence requests and produce letters as required
· To organise and lead on attendance meetings for students with low attendance.
· To further develop ways of improving systems and procedures.
· To provide administrative support to staff as required.
· To provide support and deal with enquiries from students.
· To manage enquiries from parents/carers.
· The successful candidate will work towards fulfilling the academy commitment to a high quality of service and will promote and embody the academy ethos.
· Attend and participate in staff and working group meetings and training as appropriate.
· Adhere to work practices and policies including those relating to Equal Opportunities.
· Any other duties requested by the Headteacher.
Person Specification- Admissions and Attendance Officer
· Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
· GCSE (Level 2) or higher qualifications in English and Maths
· Higher Level Qualifications
· Evidence of ongoing professional development
· Excellent IT skills
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral
· Appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills
· Experience of dealing with children and families, preferably within an educational context.
· Evidence of responding quickly to stakeholder needs and resolving concerns
· Evidence and experience of responding positively to change
· Experience of working with external agencies
· Proven ability to work to deadlines
· Working with management information systems
· Use of IT systems to compile reports and analyse data
· Experience of working in a school or other educational institute an advantage
· SIMS experience
· Awareness of Safeguarding and Child Protection issues
· Knowledge of Admissions and Attendance regulations
· Ability to communicate clearly with parents and professionals and a willingness to help and advise others
· Highly organised
· Methodical and attentive to detail
· Ability to work accurately and under pressure
· Ability to adapt to changing work loads
· Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
· Flexible team worker
· Well presented & personable
· Sense of humour
· Genuine enthusiasm and the ability to work well within a wider staff team
· To work within the spirit of Academy Policies on Equal opportunities, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Finance, Smoking etc.