Team: School Support Services
As Admissions Coordinator, you will often be the first point of contact for parents and carers of prospective pupils. You will be able to build relationships and possess the communication and literacy skills to be able to share our extensive educational offering, both through personalised written correspondence, phone calls and face-to-face visits to the school. Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will provide a vital link between parents and carers, young people, school staff and external professionals.
Day to day you’ll..
- Manage the parental enquiry process in a proactive, professional and organised manner.
- Actively promote individual schools’ (Queensmead House School, Chilworth House & Upper Schools) and Witherslack Group aims and objectives.
- Liaise closely via telephone and email and face to face contact with parents/carers, and where appropriate, with referring authorities.
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager to ensure that the enquiries and referrals process runs smoothly.
- Coordinate school visits as part of the referral process.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of SEN education sector.
- Ensure internal IT systems and records are accurate and kept up to date at all times.
Please note this role will be based in Queensmead House School Windsor, but will also involve handling enquiries for our schools in Oxfordshire and may require travel between these sites.
Strong, but empathic, you’ll have recent experience of using your excellent communication skills working directly either with young people, their families or external agencies in formal situations. Calm and reliable, you understand the importance of keeping accurate records and your teamworking skills are second-to-none. This energetic and influential role will most likely be suited to an experienced professional from within the independent schools’ sector or Local Authority role; potentially with experience within an admissions context or equivalent.
You’ll need GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths, excellent IT skills, plus some understanding of the regulations and legal aspects of SEND. You’ll also need to be willing to undertake relevant training too.
The role will be based in Queensmead House School, Windsor. Queensmead is a co-educational, independent specialist day school, providing high quality education for young people between the ages of 5 and 16. The school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Based in Windsor, the school encompasses distinct primary and secondary settings with a combined capacity of up to 130 young people.
For children with complex, challenging needs, the level of care and education must go above and beyond. That’s what drives us, here at Witherslack Group. With our high staff-to-child ratio and in-house clinical teams, we’re proud to have won a reputation for excellence and market leading OFSTED ratings. Our aspirational homes, schools and ethos help us achieve the best possible outcomes. In short, we’re enhancing life opportunities.
But that’s not all. Join us and you’ll be entitled to a benefits package that includes:
- A salary and benefits package that’s among the best in our sector.
- Contributory Pension Scheme matched up to 5%.
- 35 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- A comprehensive induction package and ongoing training.
- Medicash Health Plan, Employee Assistance and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- We’ll also cover the cost of your Enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Monica Beacroft, Senior Local Authority Partnership Manager on 07471 216336.
Interview Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021
Closing date: Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 23:59
Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Queensmead House School
- Special needs with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years
About Queensmead House School
The stunning Queensmead House School is on the same site as the former Queensmead School, which has wonderful views of Windsor Castle and offers a truly inspirational environment for our young people. Queensmead House Sc...