Date posted: 3 January 2020
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
St Andrews, Green Valley wishes to recruit an Admissions Manager.
St Andrews, Green Valley is a small, high achieving school, that enjoys an excellent reputation within the local area and beyond. The successful candidate will be the driving force behind our continued student recruitment. Our ambition is not to be a large school but to simply fill our current capacity, which requires around a further 120 students. The local area is a competitive environment, with four other international schools in the catchment area.
The Admissions Manager is primarily responsible for pupil recruitment, the admission process but will also have a role within our marketing activities.
St Andrews, Green Valley, benefits from a strong partnership with the wider St Andrews group in Thailand and with Cognita Schools. This allows for excellent opportunities for collaborating, sharing and learning from our wide network of schools within Thailand, the Asia region and around the globe.
NOTE: We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will need to effectively manage all aspects of the pupil admissions process in the School. He or she will also be expected to communicate with parents, both current and prospective, and represent the welcoming and open-door ethos of the school. Attendance at staff meetings and other specified after-school events will form a part of the contractual hours of duty.
Required Qualifications/ Experience
Degree level qualification is required in order to secure a work permit.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and new ideas
• Firm but approachable and enjoys being highly visible to children and parents
• Energetic, adaptable, enthusiastic and reliable with personal impact and presence
• Self-motivated with a high level of organisational skills
• Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure; ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
• Inquisitive and able to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgement
• Personal concern and interest in the welfare and development of children
• Values diversity and the unique place and contribution every individual makes to the learning community
• Demonstrate professionalism, loyalty and integrity
• Demonstrate diplomacy when dealing with others
• Sense of humour
• A commitment to supporting the wider life of the school, such as after-school activities
•A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children within the School and support of the School’s policies and procedures
• Suitability to work with children*
*St Andrews Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful a police check will be undertaken in the country of origin; in the UK, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service. In addition, we will also carry out further back ground checks that we deem necessary.