Stepping Stones is a small but rapidly growing SEN school with a waiting list for admissions. We currently make provision for 95 children aged 7 – 19 years, with a range of mild disabilities including acute or chronic medical conditions, a range of mild physical disabilities and those youngsters whose mental and/or emotional health is at risk.
We work to ensure that our students embrace a positive school environment to become self-confident, independent learners for life. With the aim that each will fulfil their personal potential to gain the qualifications and skills they need to be socially and economically independent in their local community.
We are looking for an Admissions Transition Worker to support the admission of new students to Stepping Stones and to assist with the placement of students to college/school when they move on.
To assist with the smooth transition of students entering Stepping Stones School
• Meet and greet assessment students/parents.
• Ensure student gets into right classroom and handover to class TA.
• Be the main point of contact for the parents of students transitioning to Stepping Stones
• Copy accompanying documents if needed.
• Collate post assessment feedback from staff.
• Liaise with Stepping Stones admissions administrator and SENCO
To assist with the smooth transition of students leaving stepping stones school moving on to a further education placement
• Liaise with parents / families with regard to College / school placements
• Liaise with Colleges / schools to share information as appropriate
• Assist with College / school visits
• Liaise with Stepping Stones SENCO , Form teachers and Executive Headteacher