Candidates will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, a warm and caring personality and a commitment to the nature and development of young children.
Main role and responsibilities:
• To maintain an accurate daily register of the names of all children using All Day Care; their time of arrival and departure. To forward this to the school secretary daily for billing purposes.
• To manage and lead the team of after school support staff, in providing a stimulating environment for children to play. To ensure that this which takes account of the interests and stage of development of the children.
• To be aware of procedures for contacting the Headteacher in the event of a medical emergency or safeguarding issue.
• To be vigilant in supervising the activities of all children in their care. To ensure children play safely and happily. To be aware and sympathetic to the emotional needs of tired young children at the end of long days.
• To supervise refreshments and the eating of afternoon tea in a disciplined manner.
• To ensure no child leaves without a parental/guardian signature/ and date/time.
• To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues including those within the team, the school staff, parents, children and external agencies as necessary.
• To liaise professionally and diplomatically with parents. To liaise and report accurately to staff any observations about the children in All Day Care.
• To leave the premises clean, neat and tidy at the end of each day. To undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post which may from time to time be required to ensure the effective delivery of services.
Essential qualities required: flexibility and adaptability, organisational and communication skills - to build positive relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues. Self-motivation, professional knowledge and expertise, discretion and sense of humour. The successful candidate must hold a Level 3 Early Years or equivalent qualification.
This post will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check as our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care.
Training and support will be an ongoing aspect of the role.
How to apply
Full details and an application form are available from the school by telephoning 01844 346154 or by emailing email@example.com.