Surbiton High School seeks an enthusiastic After School Clubs Assistant with a 'can do' attitude, to support with the day to day running of the After School Clubs between the hours of 3pm - 6pm.
Tenure: Permanent, Part-time
Reporting Line: Breakfast and After School Clubs Manager
- To provide a safe, stimulating and happy environment for pupils
- To supervise pupils whilst in the Assembly Rooms, including arrival and departure and visits to the toilet
- To supervise pupils during their journeys to the Assembly Rooms from the Girls’ and Boys’ Preparatory Schools when required
- To set up playrooms and ensure that the setting is left clean and tidy at the end of each session
- To contribute to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age appropriate activities and ensuring the club is well-resourced and creatively setup
- To log pupils’ time of collection and name of collector
- To monitor the safety of pupils while in the building
- To log all incidents of danger and keep records up to date
- To maintain confidential records and inform the Deputy Manager / Manager of updated information
- To undertake observation, assessment and record keeping as required
- To ensure no pupils are left unsupervised at any time
- To ensure that the children receive adequate refreshments, and help promote healthy eating
- To supervise and assists pupils with activities throughout their session
- To cover colleagues’ working hours in times of emergency / sickness
- To assist with any reasonable request from the Breakfast & After School Clubs Manager and Deputy Manager
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- NVQ 3 in Child Care (or NVQ 2 in Child Care and commitment to achieve NVQ3 within 12 months) desirable, or experience working with young children
- Commitment to the personal and educational development of pupils and to an ethos of respect and service
- Professional experience of working with pupils at KS1 and/or KS2
- Commitment to personal professional development, and therefore willingness to develop own skills
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Proven ability to develop effective professional relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Commitment to the personal development of pupils
- Appropriate levels of personal presentation
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for applications: 8:00am, Tuesday 13 April 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 19 April 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High School is culturally diverse and fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Surbiton High Boys' Preparatory School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...