The Abbey School is an independent GSA day school for girls aged 3 to 18 years. Founded in 1887 the school enjoys an enviable reputation of academic excellence, a rich history, a caring pastoral environment and a wide breadth of extra-curricular activity for each individual. With exceptionally high ratings in the national league tables and a thriving International Baccalaureate diploma programme, The Abbey School is the only independent school in the Berkshire area to offer such outstanding opportunities to academically able girls. The girls themselves are motivated, enthusiastic and co-operative and there is a happy, purposeful atmosphere to the school.
The staff at The Abbey School form a strong and professional community of highly skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic people. The governors and management team are committed to supporting the continuing development of its staff and maintain a good working environment with the necessary policies and procedures in place to support this. We recruit only high calibre staff who are lively, enthusiastic and committed. In return we aim to provide opportunities for employees to reach their own full potential for their benefit and the benefit of the school as a whole.
The Coordinator is responsible for:
· The registration, onsite supervision and signing out/appropriate departure of the girls
· Ensuring their safety for example in any need to evacuate the building
· In liaison with the Assistant Head – Pastoral, ensuring the girls are resourced appropriately (from a nutritional perspective and also in order to facilitate appropriate learning and completion of academic activities)
· Overseeing appropriate standards of behaviour
· Overseeing the work of the ASHC Supervisor
Hours of Work
· The hours of work will be from 15.30 – 18.00, Monday to Friday, term time only.
.One week’s notice is required by either party to terminate employment during the first month. Thereafter, the notice period will be one month.
· Statutory holiday entitlement i.e. 20 days plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata, eg staff working 36 weeks are entitled to 22 days’ holiday, to be taken during school holidays only
Salary and Benefits
· Salary is dependent on skills and experience. Staff are paid monthly and in arrears.
· The School offers a non-contributory pension scheme worth 8.35% of salary, which all non-teaching staff are automatically enrolled onto from the start date of their employment.
· Lunch is provided
· Staff fee concession is available to employees’ daughters who satisfy the entrance requirements and for whom there is a place available.
· Parking is normally available, but not guaranteed.
For more information on our lively and well-resourced school and for an application form, please visit the Vacancies Page on our website www.theabbey.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form in full, including details of suitable referees as instructed, then send this with your full CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com
Interviews will only be arranged following our receipt of a completed application form.
For enquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org