An exciting a forward-thinking Alternative Provision require a Maths & Science teacher to join their dynamic and energetic team. Their aim is to transform the lives of children from disadvantaged backgrounds in a positive and nurturing environment.
Vision for Education is a thriving education recruitment agency who have been in operation in Manchester for over a decade. As part of TES, we advertise on behalf of schools who we are partnered with providing to assist them find the right people for their long-term or permanent vacancies.
We are currently recruiting a Maths & Science Teacher for an Alternative Provision in Salford. The position is to start ASAP and will become a permanent role for the right person. Either experience of, or a desire to work with SEMH children is essential. It is a full-time position.
This is an exciting time to join the provision as its already good reputation continues to grow in the local area.
More about the role available:
The Alternative Provision itself is relatively small one and is staffed by a Head of Centre, with other subject specialists and a team of experienced Learning Support Assistants. In this role you will be required to teach across the Maths and Science curriculums, utilising the LSA’s and ideally combining a secondary-age focus with a primary-age nurturing ability. The pupils are all Y9-Y11 but can often be working below age-related expectations. It is essential that you have effective behaviour management skills and be passionate about working with young people, particularly those who have become disengaged.
To be considered for the position you must have:
• A strong desire to work with disengaged pupils and make a difference to their experience of education
• The ability to plan differentiated lessons to ensure that all learners get the most out of your lessons.
• A commitment to working in the Alternative Education sector and willingness to take responsibility for the planning of the lessons and learning of the pupils
• Good organisational abilities, a pro-active approach and the ability to form positive relationships with the pupils.
If you are Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts including:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.