- Ref: 9694
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week*
- Duration: Fixed term contract for two years
- Salary: Year 1 salary: £7,524 per annum
- Year 2 salary: National Minimum Wage for age £11,865 - £15,839 per annum
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
*Included within the 37 hours is a specific apprenticeship framework/training programme to follow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Administrator to join our Student Experience department, this will involve specifically supporting the Attendance team.
This apprenticeship will be an excellent start for someone looking to gain a grounding in professional administration support work. During the apprenticeship, you will follow a development programme, which will give you a broad range of experience and the opportunity to learn new skills.
As an Apprentice Administrator, you will:
• Provide a professional, efficient and excellent, customer focused service to all staff, students and stakeholders.
• Support the day-to-day administration of attendance monitoring, involving direct contact with students, parents, teaching staff and liaison with other College services.
• Support the facilitation of College and student events and activities required within the College calendar.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting others, has a good eye for detail and is eager to learn and develop new skills as a valued team member.
As an Apprentice Administrator, you should have:
• GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
• A willingness to undertake the apprenticeship training
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office packages
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
• Reduced price personal gym membership
• Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 13 December 2019
Interview date: Thursday 19 December 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.