This is a fabulous opportunity to work within the Course Information service at Wakefield College as an Apprentice. It is often the first contact a potential learner has with the College and affects their judgement of the organisation as a whole. Internally the team offers a service to teaching staff and students looking at internal progression. The work may involve attendance at external venues and events, such as schools’ careers events.
Salary: Year 1, £7,040 per annum (£135 per week). Year 2, 16 - 20 year olds £10,708 or over 21 year olds £13,409 p.a.
As an Apprentice, you will assist with:
- Maintaining and recording all enquiries on the information database
- Representing the College at open events, exhibitions, careers conventions
- Offering initial advice and guidance on course choice in response to enquiries in person, by email and on the telephone
- Providing reports and statistics on a monthly basis for specific purposes e.g. marketing
As an Apprentice, you should have:
- 5 GCSEs Grade A* - C including English and Maths or equivalent (new grading 9 – 4) / predicted grades (NVQ, Level 2, BTEC First Diploma etc)
- An IT qualification e.g. CLAIT, ECDL or equivalent
- Experience of accurately inputting data
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
- Good Pension Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 26 February 2018.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.