We are seeking an experienced Sales and Account Manager to join our established Business Development Team in a full-time opportunity based within the Bristol area but could include travel to other areas in the region as and when needed. We have an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and expansion of City of Bristol College’s Training provision, the promotion of our Apprenticeship Training Agency services and those of Partners in Bristol.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their business to business sales expertise and a consultative sell. A good understanding of Apprenticeship Standards, workforce development planning and the skills gaps facing businesses in the Bristol area would be beneficial.
You will be responsible for planning, progressing and achieving sufficient volumes of lead generation, business development and closed sales to meet and exceed agreed monthly engagement and conversion targets for City of Bristol College and the South West Apprenticeship Company.
We are looking for a self-starter, capable and experienced in generating and successfully engaging their own leads. They will be able to demonstrate a proven track-record of timely success in a business development or sales environment.
The successful candidate will be experienced and enthused by working directly with people – specifically learners and employers, and have a genuine interest in them and a desire to help.
Applicants must be capable of creating, manipulating and managing databases and spreadsheets and or CRM Systems.
You will demonstrate an innovative, assertive and personable approach with excellent communication and presentation skills both orally in front of an audience and using a variety of resources to deliver professional presentations. Attention to detail and the ability to work to targets and meet deadlines are essential.
Travel is part of the role; therefore, you must be able to drive. As part of this role you will need to be fully DBS checked.
• Knowledge of Apprenticeship Standards and work-based learning is desirable
• Business to business sales skills
• Highly motivated, confident and capable individual to engage with a wide range of employers across the region, advise on and sell the benefits of Apprenticeships within their organisations
• Previous experience of dealing with employers on a face to face basis
• Ability to listen and understand individual employer requirements are essential
• Comfortable dealing with clients at all levels
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate the benefits of the apprenticeship scheme
• Previous experience in a recruitment environment would be beneficial
Ownership of the SME Bristol Business Engagement Plan, targeting new and existing employers in sectors and geography and monitor own business development performance in line with KPIs, ensuring that a consistent, ongoing sales pipeline is identified, leading to the achievement of sales targets.
Employer: South West Apprenticeship Company
Salary: £27,000 (basic salary)
Benefits: Bonus + laptop + mobile + travel expenses + pension + access to CPD
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
(additional hours may be required dependent on business needs)
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
City of Bristol College
Bristol, City of