LAT Apprenticeships is a newly formed apprenticeships employer-provider with our first learner cohorts commencing study in January 2020. Driven by the aim to develop apprenticeship courses of outstanding quality that are robust enough for both public (education) and private sector companies, we are committed to providing exceptional programmes across our organisation and offer a wide range of apprenticeships to both our existing colleagues and those looking to join us. Apprenticeships are delivered across a range of disciplines including: Business Administration, Premises Maintenance, IT, Engineering, Teaching Assistant and Commis Chef.
The appointment of an Apprenticeships Centre Manager (ACM) is the crucial next step in our journey. To date, LAT Apprenticeships has come to fruition by the collective efforts, knowledge and experience of many Leigh Academies Trust stakeholders - the ACM will bring with them a wealth of knowledge relative to the apprenticeships industry and will be the catalyst for driving our success from this point forward. We are very proud to be an employer-provider that delivers over 65% of our apprenticeship programmes in-house, delivered by a variety of highly skilled staff who work across Leigh Academies Trust.
This post will play a significant part in delivering the organisation's strategic plan for workforce development using apprenticeships. The Apprenticeships Centre Manager will be expected to have a strong commercial, result driven and development approach. They will also be expected to be financially savvy, be able to lead, inspire and motivate the delivery team, creating a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for all learners.
The ACM will be responsible for the planning, development, delivery and quality of the apprenticeship and traineeship programme, either delivered by LAT Apprenticeships or sub-contracted delivery (where applicable), ensuring LAT Apprenticeships addresses government priorities, reflects LAT Apprenticeships plans, employer/employee needs and meets service targets. Responsibilities include all aspects of apprenticeship and sub-contractor performance management, so as to meet Funders’, Awarding Organisations’ and Ofsted’s requirements and the oversight of the development and implementation of robust quality procedures and processes to ensure a cycle of continuous improvement.
Click here to view the Job Description and Person Specification in full.
- You will coach, support and line manage the delivery team that comprises of programme leads, assessors and administrative capacity..
- You will be responsible for meeting all required standards in regards to Ofsted and other governing bodies and ensure we are continually working to be of the highest quality and a leader in apprenticeships, achieving a minimum of ‘good’ rating whilst striving for ‘outstanding’.
- You will always seek opportunities to expand apprenticeship activity and increase awareness of the benefits they bring to the business and individuals.
- You will be responsible for managing new and existing programme delivery and performance levels.
- You will develop and manage operational relationships and services with external training providers and partner organisations to provide the scale and range of services required by the business to fulfil skills gaps and future talent requirements.
- Identifying creative and innovative development pathways for high potential people, including sourcing and managing external providers.
- You will develop and use internal communications, external channels and award submissions to market and share positive messages relating to LAT Apprenticeships activity, building on best practice from internal case studies.
- You will partner with LAT’s central Recruitment Team and Business Engagement Team - as well as others - and local and national partners to develop clear channels for talent to enter and progress through the business and grow at all levels of the organisation.
What we are looking for in you:
- We are looking for significant experience and strong understanding of educational legislation, policy and qualifications delivery.
- You will have experience in the delivery of apprenticeships as an employer-provider and understand the associated challenges and solutions.
- You will have an A1 or equivalent Assessor qualification and a V1 or equivalent IQA qualification.
- You will need to have excellent communication skills with a proven ability to coach, engage and influence others both internally and externally in order to deliver desired outcomes.
- We want someone who is passionate about and has experience of learning, development and training across a variety of different learning channels.
- You will need experience of devising and delivering improvements to systems and processes in order to improve delivery against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- You will need to have experience of using management information and learning systems in order to meet funding, inspection and awarding organisation requirements.
- A proven ability to think creatively and innovatively in order to deliver results in line with business priorities.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulately and confidently communicate across all audiences is essential.
- You will need to have line management experience with the ability to motivate and support others.
Working with us at LAT Apprenticeships: Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, fantastic pension scheme and further benefits such as an increasing annual leave allowance. You have the opportunity to join a start-up company already founded by educational specialists with an ambitious culture.
Interview process: Note that interviews will be conducted on Friday 24th January 2020 and our successful candidate will join us as soon as possible thereafter. You will be based at Leigh Academies Trust’s Head Office in Rochester. Due to the travel required for this position around LAT academy sites and local businesses situated in Kent and South-East London, it is essential that you are able to drive and have access to your own vehicle. Mileage can be claimed via LAT’s expenses policy.
You can arrange a phone call to discuss the position with Olivia Couzins (CEO LAT Apprenticeships) - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01634 412 240.